Last week I spoke to you about FEAR and within that conversation I asked you – What is your plan? What are you going to do with the rest of your life?
What are your concerns with respect to your future? And this is a big one because FEAR tends to hold people back in life – it really is paralysing and stops you from being able to take action!
I also asked – When was the last time you felt financial stress – when was the last time you felt you didn’t have a choice, or you were overwhelmed?
When was the last time you couldn’t do what you needed to do? For example: Couldn’t get a loan approved, or had to get an extension on a bill etc.
I wanted to continue this conversation this week because FEAR is a big one and it really is causing you all sorts of problems not just emotionally but physically too. When you do not deal with your FEAR it begins to manifest in your body, as your sore back, your migraines or when not dealt with for a long time, it can manifest as disease.
Although it is debilitating, the good news is that FEAR (False Evidence Appearing Real) is not real and overcoming fear is a skill that anyone can learn.
The problem is that most people tend to cling to their fears, because it’s part of who they are, it is their identity as such.
Some people just do not know how to overcome their FEARS because in their feelings, their thoughts and their actions they are just so overwhelmed.
And if you aren’t ready to face your fears then the chances are, you probably won’t transcend them.
There’s nothing wrong in that. Everything happens in its own time and everyone processes fear differently. But my question to you is – how long are you going to put your life off before you start living it?
I am sure though that if you’re reading this blog, then you are probably yearning to take a step forward in overcoming your fear.
If fear is an issue for you, then let’s change it – it is time to start living fearlessly!
When it comes to overcoming fear, the only way out is through! So here are 5 quick tips to moving through your FEAR:
1. Awareness. Before you can begin overcoming fear, you need to be aware that your fears are creating massive blockages in your life. It’s easy to get so attached to your thoughts and feelings that you think they are your identity, which couldn’t be further from the truth. You are not your fears. You are the awareness that experiences it – feel the fear and do it anyway!
2. Identify your FEARS. Get specific about what exactly you’re afraid of. Look at the pictures you have in your mind about the situation. What is the story you are telling yourself? What are you really scared of? Become an observer of your own thoughts and behaviours.
3. Know that Failure is Learning. When you realise that failure is not the end of the world, you set yourself FREE. Failure is just a steppingstone to success. And failures are your greatest opportunity for learning and growth. Most of our fears are fear of failure, shame, or somehow not living up to the good opinion of others. Let it go and embrace failure as an opportunity.
4. Get a Coach. Do you have a fear of success, or a fear of failure? A good coach will support you to examine what you truly want from life, and where your fears come from. It’s very helpful in getting clear about what you want and what’s stopping you.
5. Take Massive Action. Choose love over fear and take massive action. Fears are just fears, they are not your reality. They are created by your ego to stop you from succeeding. When you take action and face your fears, they become less and less powerful.
Written by Roy McDonald
At OneLife we are a community of likeminded individuals, a family committed to empowering one another to be all that we can be. We honour and celebrate one another’s unique gifts and talents and all undertake the OneLife Mission